Converting Yhc to use Cabal
ndmitchell at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 09:05:36 EDT 2007
I'd like to convert Yhc to use Cabal. This presents several challenges:
* We would like to depend on fps/base depending on compiler version.
Configurations will allow this.
* We have the library Yhc.Core in our tree which is developed in
parallel with Yhc. What would be nice is to have a Yhc.Core library
which we don't have to explicitly install each time. I guess having
all the Yhc.Core files in both the library, and again in the program
* We'd ideally like multiple cabal files in one directory - for things
like ycr2js, yhc, yhi etc.
* Can Cabal compile C files? Can it do things like testing the size of
* Is cabal-install ready for serious use? If so we would like to use
this as our primary method of compilation.
I suspect that it will not be possible to move entirely to Cabal
initially - but perhaps Yhc can point out features that Cabal lacks.
More information about the cabal-devel