Converting Yhc to use Cabal

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 09:05:36 EDT 2007

Hi,

I'd like to convert Yhc to use Cabal. This presents several challenges:

* We would like to depend on fps/base depending on compiler version.
Configurations will allow this.

* We have the library Yhc.Core in our tree which is developed in
parallel with Yhc. What would be nice is to have a Yhc.Core library
which we don't have to explicitly install each time. I guess having
all the Yhc.Core files in both the library, and again in the program
would work.

* We'd ideally like multiple cabal files in one directory - for things
like ycr2js, yhc, yhi etc.

* Can Cabal compile C files? Can it do things like testing the size of
int/long etc?

* Is cabal-install ready for serious use? If so we would like to use
this as our primary method of compilation.

I suspect that it will not be possible to move entirely to Cabal
initially - but perhaps Yhc can point out features that Cabal lacks.

Thanks

Neil