[David Waern] Re: darcs patch: Add preliminary support for haddock-ghc

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Mon Jan 1 12:19:47 EST 2007

Hi,

> No, it doesn't work yet. So I turn the question around: Will GADT's and
> other extensions be supported by Hoogle in the future?

To some degree, yes. A GADT will probably be recorded as though it was
a normal ADT for type matching purposes. It's similar with forall at
the moment, they are entirely dropped for type matching purposes, but
are searched.

> Without such
> support, how useful would it be to include Hoogle support in haddock-ghc?

I would have thought quite useful, for example if you are going to
hoogle something like Yampa, you'll need something which can at least
ignore the GADT's.

My larger concern was if haddock-ghc is going to replace haddock one
day, then I'll definately want --hoogle in there.

Thanks

Neil