[Hackage] #196: ability to specify custom args to haddock

Hackage trac at galois.com
Mon Dec 17 10:39:28 EST 2007

#196: ability to specify custom args to haddock
  Reporter:  duncan  |        Owner:
      Type:  defect  |       Status:  new
 From http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=293523

 The ability to specify custom args to haddock, which is necessary
 to do things such as build docs that encompass parts of other

 We can pass extra options to any program via the generic configure
 --$PROG-options= mechanism however for haddock this is not very useful
 since we also have to call haddock for another purpose and passing extra
 options there causes problems.

 Since the debian bug was filed there are several more feature of the
 haddock command, perhaps they solve the problem. If not, perhaps the
 problem could be explained further. What problem are we trying to solve
 here that would require passing extra options to haddock, and what extra
 options would one use?

Ticket URL: <http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/hackage/ticket/196>