cabal output

Peter Gavin pgavin at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 20:25:52 EDT 2007

When I run setup configure on my machine I get:

Configuring Cabal-1.1.7...
unrecognized option `--numeric-version'
Try the option `--help' on its own for more information.
setup: executing external program failed (exit 1) : /usr/bin/c2hs
--numeric-version

This is a bit confusing, because at first glance it looks like setup
failed.  I find this slightly annoying.  Could we have it print "setup
was successful" or something similar, just so we know for sure?  I
mean, we're already printing out the "Configuring Cabal..." message,
so I don't think one more line is too wordy :)

Pete