testing version: search on HackageDB

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Sun Aug 26 12:21:45 EDT 2007

On Sun, 2007-08-26 at 10:47 +0200, "Sascha Böhme" wrote:
> Hello,
>
> there is a static copy of HackageDB at
>
>   http://community.haskell.org/~sboehme/packages/hackage.html

Cool.

> which is enhanced by searching. Note that this is a testing version.
> Feel free to search for anything and please report any problems or
> wishes for improvements.

One slightly confusing thing is that no matter what I search for it
always returns the full list of packages, though indeed the relevant
ones are at the top. I would have thought there was some cut off like if
the word does not appear in any field of the package, but I suppose it's
using some similarity function to find very similar words. Perhaps the
threshold just needs to be tightened.