what is --scratchdir= for?

Esa Ilari Vuokko eivuokko at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 16:10:51 EDT 2007

On 8/10/07, ross at soi.city.ac.uk <ross at soi.city.ac.uk> wrote:
> I also think an option to move dist would introduce too many complications.

Lack of such option, in my opinion, shows how immature Cabal is as a build tool.
I'd use the option if it existed, even with the drawbacks.

However, I agree this might be too much for now - there's more important things
broken in Cabal, and there's not enough developers.

Too bad adding the option is likely to only get harder as Cabal expands and gets
more users who rely on current behavior.

Best regards,
Esa