Call for testers: cabal2wix 0.1.0
Esa Ilari Vuokko
eivuokko at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 08:55:27 EDT 2007
I have got first phase of cabal2wix done, it works for me,
on my machine. I'm calling it 0.1.0. ;-) This is not a public
release, just call for some help - if you have Windows and ghc
6.6.1, please consider trying out my MSIs, and let me know
Some MSIs I built : http://tametea.dyndns.org/~eivuokko/tmp-msi/
* All MSI that are generated require Administrative rights,
we need a plan where to put files for user-only installation.
cabal2wix doesn't generate admin-specific code, but writing to
default target, Program Files, requires admin rights.
* There is no licenses included. I am not sure why Cabal doesn't
install license files, but it doesn't, and cabal2wix doesn't either.
* I have only tested these in Windows Vista, with GHC 6.6.1
packaged from Neil's installer scripts.
* I didn't include docs on MSIs I built.
* Supports GHC, only 6.6.1 tested.
* Supports executables, libraries and combination packages.
(But only single-executable and library-only packages have been
tested at all.)
* Register library on install, unregisters on remove.
* Can pack two or more cabal packages into one installer, registers
each library on their own.
darcs repo at: http://tametea.dyndns.org/~eivuokko/darcs/cabal2wix/
Building cabal2wix requires:
* Default installation of ghc 6.6.1; base, filepath, cabal and
* Windows (misuse of filepath's </>)
* Wix tools 3
* Packages buildable with cabal cabal2wix uses.
Quick usage info:
Setup copy --destdir=dist\cabal2wix
cabal2wix . -o dist\foo.wxs
candle dist\foo.wxs -out dist\foo.wixobj
light dist\foo.wixobj -out foo.msi
Darcs repo has scripts\build-msi.bat, which semi-automates using
tar,gzip,cabal,cabal2wix and wix 3.
More information about the cabal-devel