darcs patch: Put pre-processed source into the dist/b... (and 2 more)

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Tue Apr 24 22:59:15 EDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-04-24 at 09:52 +0100, Simon Marlow wrote:
> Duncan Coutts wrote:
> > Those patches I was talking about. I'd apreciate a review :-)
>
> Looks fine - although as we talked about on IRC, we should think carefully about
> what sdist is supposed to do, and the difference between Happy/Alex-generated
> .hs files and c2hs-generated .hs files.  The former should go in an sdist, but
> not the latter.

Indeed. We need to know for each pre-processor if the generated .hs
files are platform and implementation independent. As Ross points out,
currently we don't do anything about implementation independence, we
generate alex & happy .hs files that use ghc extensions and then include
them in the sdist tarball.