how to implement uninstall & Logging paths of installed files?

Johan Tibell johan.tibell at gmail.com
Tue Sep 19 01:44:47 EDT 2006

> I think that logging & uninstall could be implemented quite
> effectively by tweaking the "install" target so that it first copies
> stuff into a temporary location, then uses a "find" type algorithm to
> discover all of the files that are meant to be installed.

I have essentially already implemented the find algorithm under the
assumption that files that would be copied to for example /usr/bin
will be but in /my/tmp/dir/usr/bin during the build. I've also written
a piece of code that removes the files again given a log file with
paths. The files are removed in a way that will also remove empty
directories. I was thinking of putting a timestamp on the files as
well. I also added a dry-run feature. Perhaps storing the log files
somewhere under Cabal's install dir would be a good idea?

Cheers,

Johan