should we handle end-of-line differently?

Isaac Jones ijones at syntaxpolice.org
Mon Nov 20 00:11:39 EST 2006

From: "Vyacheslav Akhmechet" <coffeemug at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Cabal's Paths_pkg and GHCi
To: "Isaac Jones" <ijones at syntaxpolice.org>

(snip)

BTW, there is a bug in Cabal that prevents proper installation on unix
machines if the .cabal has been generated on a Windows machine. I
posted about it on Haskell cafe. Basically Cabal doesn't handle the
way Windows does end of lines properly. So if my application name is
'sample' and I try to install it on Unix I'll end up with 'sample^M'.
The workaround is easy - just convert the .cabal file to Unix style
EOL, but it would be nice if this were fixed.

Thanks,
- Slava.