darcs patch: Add liftField and maybeField to ParseUti... (and 1 more)

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Fri Jul 28 05:57:52 EDT 2006

On Fri, 2006-07-28 at 04:56 +0200, Bertram Felgenhauer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've discussed the patch with Duncan Coutts. The result is the attached
> revised patch. Changes:
>
> - fix the handling of 'x-' fields - with the previous patch cabal would
>   complain about these as unknown in most contexts
> - document liftField and maybeField and make their use for converting
>   stanzas more obvious in PackageDescription.hs

Thanks.

Isaac: I'm happy with both of these patchs if you are.

I've also got a slight improvement on the docs for liftField which I'll
add if these go in.

> The second patch is unchanged. A note on installing packages hidden:
> This should be useful for programs that provide their own plugins or
> other libraries for internal use. It seems to be simple enough for
> inclusion in Distribution.Simple.

Note that it'd also be useful to be able to Cabalise the GHC API package
and the old hslibs packages (which makes bundling them with Haskell
implementations easier as people who care can easily get at them still).