Configure/build separation

Simon Marlow simonmarhaskell at gmail.com
Wed Aug 30 08:21:06 EDT 2006

Isaac Jones wrote:
> "Krasimir Angelov" <kr.angelov at gmail.com> writes:
>

>>Since in Visual Studio there isn't a "Configure" command I decided to
>>run configure automaticaly when the .cabal file is newer than
>>.setup-config. The same trick can be used in cabal-setup.
>

> Does anyone care to implement this kind of logic within cabal itself?
> Does anyone see anything wrong w/ it?

The issue is what to do about the arguments to configure.  If we automatically
configure, should it be done with no args?  Or should we allow all the configure
args to be given to the other commands?

Personally I think we should punt on this, since cabal-install already does it
and more.

Cheers,
	Simon