Repositories

Paolo Martini paolo at nemail.it
Sun Aug 20 14:13:05 EDT 2006

Hello,

I've published a number of repositories so that people can try cabal-
install more easily, I need to know wether it's working for you too,
and what are the important things to do to towards the goal of
shipping it with ghc-6.6.

My Cabal repository: <http://hackage.haskell.org/~paolo/darcs/Cabal/>

Patches (applied in the above repository):
   <http://hackage.haskell.org/~paolo/tmp/cabal-install-tarball-
index.patch>
   <http://hackage.haskell.org/~paolo/tmp/cabal-install-
dependencies.patch>

Packages repository: <http://hackage.haskell.org/~paolo/darcs/packages/>

Some of the notable programs in the packages repository, if you are
thinking about testing it out:
   * hnop (!)
   * lambdabot (!)
   * darcs-graph
   * hmp3
   * hask-home
   * many of the dependencies of Hope (<http://hope.bringert.net/>),
but no HaskellDB, any version available?
   * ...etc, darcs send me packages if you please.

Issues & ideas:
   * some packages miss the brief synopsis
   * no multiple repositories are allowed (I am thinking about how to
solving it, ideas are welcome)
   * should it work on windows for ghc-6.6?
   * the dependency resolution code seem to work, but it should be
probably "audited" better
   * you ideas?

Peace,
   Paolo.