Restricted commandline lenghts

Esa Ilari Vuokko eivuokko at gmail.com
Fri Aug 18 06:45:04 EDT 2006

Hi Duncan,

On 8/18/06, Duncan Coutts <duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk> wrote:
> It'd be great if you could test this patch on Windows.

I test by building few libs that require few ar/ld invokations to get built,
and used the libs in a program.  I used self-built ghc-6.5 from about last
weekend.

If change the limit to 30k for the commandline, it works.  I am not sure
what it depends on. 31k wouldn't work.  The paths don't contain special
characters and my environment is over 3k.   No idea how to make
sense about this.

Maybe the limit really should be configurable at setup build-prompt?

Because of some glitch with my ld/ghc linker, I couldn't test ghci libs
more than that they fail exactly like they do for objects not requiring
multiple ld-invokations.

Thanks,
--Esa