first cut at configurations patch, and a couple more

Einar Karttunen ekarttun at
Wed Aug 9 23:04:38 EDT 2006

On 02.08 11:11, Simon Marlow wrote:
> A little bit more about configurations.  Here's what you can do with them:

Implemented parts of the spec. I wish for this to get into 6.6
to avoid problems e.g. depending on fps. This is alpha quality
code, but I am willing to work on it to get issues sorted
> configuration: debug
> ghc-options: -DDEBUG -O0

> configuration: !debug
> ghc-options: -O2

Does not work. The parser fails, with
--enable-debug conflicting with --enable-debug

> (b) depend on HUnit if --enable-debug is given:
> configuration: debug
> build-depends: HUnit-1.0

> (c) if the base package is <2.0, depend on fps:
> configuration: package(base-any, <2.0)
> build-depends: fps>=1.0
> ghc-options: -DUSE_FPS

The parser fails. Otherwise should work.

- Einar Karttunen