darcs patch: Add liftField and maybeField to ParseUti... (and 1 more)

Simon Marlow simonmarhaskell at gmail.com
Tue Aug 1 07:23:33 EDT 2006

Duncan Coutts wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-07-28 at 04:56 +0200, Bertram Felgenhauer wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>I've discussed the patch with Duncan Coutts. The result is the attached
>>revised patch. Changes:
>>
>>- fix the handling of 'x-' fields - with the previous patch cabal would
>>  complain about these as unknown in most contexts
>>- document liftField and maybeField and make their use for converting
>>  stanzas more obvious in PackageDescription.hs
>

> Thanks.
>
> Isaac: I'm happy with both of these patchs if you are.
>
> I've also got a slight improvement on the docs for liftField which I'll
> add if these go in.

Dammit.  I've done a lot of refactoring of the parsing stuff, including doing
exactly what Bertram did with liftField, but I think I've pushed the changes
further.  If this patch goes in I have some serious merging to do.

I suppose this is my own fault for taking so long with this configuration stuff...

Cheers,
	Simon