[C2hs] darcs patch: Convert an accented surname in a comment... (and 5 more)

will at willthompson.co.uk will at willthompson.co.uk
Fri Nov 12 07:32:25 EST 2010

6 patches for repository http://code.haskell.org/c2hs:

Mon Nov  8 23:46:25 GMT 2010  will at willthompson.co.uk
  * Convert an accented surname in a comment to UTF-8

  hasktags makes the (reasonable) assumption that source files are UTF-8, and
  gets very upset if they're not.

Tue Nov  9 06:02:13 GMT 2010  will at willthompson.co.uk
  * Fix generation of superclass instances

  Previously, specifying a superclass in a {# class #} rule would generate
  incorrect code. For instance, the 'pointer' test case includes the following:

  > {#pointer *Point as APoint newtype#}
  > {#class APointClass APoint#}
  >
  > {#pointer *ColourPoint as AColourPoint newtype#}
  > {#class APointClass => AColourPointClass AColourPoint#}

  This generates an incorrect instance of APointClass for AColourPoint, as
  follows:

  > instance APointClass AColourPoint where
  >   aColourPoint (AColourPoint p) = AColourPoint (castPtr p)
  >   fromAColourPoint (AColourPoint p) = AColourPoint (castPtr p)

  This was due to the code generator using the name of the type being defined
  rather than the name of the superclass type, which was due to a missing
  apostrophe. This is my favourite kind of bug fix.

Tue Nov  9 06:13:26 GMT 2010  will at willthompson.co.uk
  * Split collecting superclasses out of a where clause

  This would have prevented the bug I just fixed, since the mistaken type
  identifier would not have been in scope.

Tue Nov  9 06:16:37 GMT 2010  will at willthompson.co.uk
  * Simplify generating class cast instances

Tue Nov  9 16:37:47 GMT 2010  will at willthompson.co.uk
  * Squash an unused result warning

Tue Nov  9 17:49:46 GMT 2010  will at willthompson.co.uk
  * Fix deprecation warnings and build trivia in test suite

  The test suite was passing -fffi to GHC; this patch adds LANGUAGE
  ForeignFunctionInterface to the relevant files instead.

  The test suite also used the deprecated C2HS module for converting
  between Int and CInt; this patch fixes all tests that were using these
  functions.

  Also, the Sizeof test didn't compile. It now compiles, but still fails
  due to bug #10.

  Finally, compilation errors would previously not cause `make` to fail in
  some cases.