[C2hs] patch applied (c2hs): Workaround .chs lexer problem by using latin1 encoding

duncan at community.haskell.org duncan at community.haskell.org
Tue Apr 20 08:38:09 EDT 2010

Mon Apr 19 18:44:01 EDT 2010  Duncan Coutts <duncan at haskell.org>
  * Workaround .chs lexer problem by using latin1 encoding
  Ignore-this: 6714eb66dcda0e766b4e933f082ce839
  The .chs lexer cannot handle chars > 255 so as a workaround force the
  file I/O to use latin1 encoding. This becomes a problem with base-4.2
  since by default it uses locale encoding where preciously it used only
  latin1 encoding. Eventually we should move to .chs files being utf8
  since .hs files are utf8.

    M ./src/System/CIO.hs -4 +22

View patch online:
http://code.haskell.org/cgi-bin/darcsweb.cgi?r=c2hs;a=darcs_commitdiff;h=20100419224401-adfee-638c082f214be6b5a0ebb234604304edaa001dbc.gz