[C2hs] c2hs.exe "does not exist" on windows

Chris Casinghino chris.casinghino at gmail.com
Thu Dec 31 00:07:17 EST 2009

I see in the list archives that someone posted this problem a few
weeks ago, but there wasn't a response.  So, let me confirm I'm having
it too.  I installed the haskell platform on windows and then used
cabal to install c2hs.  It put a binary called "c2hs.exe" in
"C:\Program Files\Haskell\bin", which appears to be on my path.
However, when I go to build some software I've written that uses c2hs,
cabal gives me this error:

  c2hs.exe: does not exist

My package builds fine in linux.  The computer I'm at now is running
windows xp, service pack 2.  I can try it out on a windows 7 computer
tomorrow if that would be helpful.

This is my first attempt to build Haskell software on windows, so it's
conceivable I'm doing something silly.  Thanks in advance for your
help.

--Chris Casinghino