[C2hs] c2hs.exe "does not exist" on windows

Chris Casinghino chris.casinghino at gmail.com
Thu Dec 31 00:07:17 EST 2009

I see in the list archives that someone posted this problem a few
weeks ago, but there wasn't a response.  So, let me confirm I'm having
it too.  I installed the haskell platform on windows and then used
cabal to install c2hs.  It put a binary called "c2hs.exe" in
"C:\Program Files\Haskell\bin", which appears to be on my path.
However, when I go to build some software I've written that uses c2hs,
cabal gives me this error:

  c2hs.exe: does not exist

My package builds fine in linux.  The computer I'm at now is running
windows xp, service pack 2.  I can try it out on a windows 7 computer
tomorrow if that would be helpful.

This is my first attempt to build Haskell software on windows, so it's
conceivable I'm doing something silly.  Thanks in advance for your

--Chris Casinghino