[C2hs] patch applied (c2hs): Ignore all __attribute__ expressions in the lexer

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Tue Feb 20 05:25:23 EST 2007

Mon Feb 19 14:45:49 PST 2007  Duncan Coutts <duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk>
  * Ignore all __attribute__ expressions in the lexer
  GNU __attribute__ expressions take the form of:
  where the stuff in the middle may also have nested '(' ')' brackets.
  So upon getting an __attribute__ token, the lexer now skips tokens
  counting bracket nesting depth and stops when it's seen the full
  attribute args.
  So the parser now never sees attributes which is good because they
  greatly complicate the grammar of declarations. On the other hand
  it's bad because later on we might need the info from some
  attributes. So we'll likely have to revisit this issue.

    M ./c2hs/c/CLexer.x -2 +14