[C2hs] Binding to Libdb, FunPtrs

Manuel M T Chakravarty chak at cse.unsw.edu.au
Sun May 21 14:19:14 EDT 2006

Udo,

> Attached is patch that allows an access path instead of an identifier in
> call and fun hooks.  The behaviour is unchanged if the access path
> happens to be a single identifier, otherwise the hook will behave as a
> get hook followed by a call via the extracted FunPtr.

Thanks for that!

> The code is not perfect, yet.  I cut-and-pasted some and a refactoring
> would be in order.  However, I'd like to see how this extension works
> out by binding to more of Libdbs, first.  Feel free to comment on any
> stupid ideas above.

I pushed your patches to the main repository.  Once you are sure that
the feature works sufficiently well for you, can you please

* update the documentation (doc/c2hs/c2hs.sgml) and
* try to clean the code up.

If you are having trouble with the latter, let me know and I'll have a
look.

Manuel