[C2hs] Can't Install on Windows

SevenThunders mattcbro at earthlink.net
Fri Jun 30 22:04:30 EDT 2006

I have not been able to get C2hs to install on windows.  After decompressing
the archive I run cygwin and cd to the directory and then run

$ runhaskell Setup.hs configure

Setup.hs:11:57:
    Couldn't match expected type
`Distribution.PackageDescription.PackageDescription'
           against inferred type `LocalBuildInfo'
    Probable cause: `addWrapperAndLib' is applied to too many arguments
    In the `postInst' field of a record
    In the first argument of `defaultMainWithHooks', namely
        `defaultUserHooks {postInst = addWrapperAndLib}'

This is c2hs-0.1.4.5.  The same thing happens under Msys (mingw) and under a
Dos shell.  Also the error occurs using both GHC-6.4.2 and GHC-6.5.  Looks
like I'll be linking to my C library by hand.