[C2hs] Marshal Haskell list into monolithic arrays

zhu Jun lilozhu at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 17 17:39:27 EDT 2006

Hi Udo and Duncan,

Yes, I made a mistake in C syntax.
Now, I call the function in Haskell like this:
 -------------------------
lowPassFilter :: [CFloat] -> CFloat
lowPassFilter fs =  (unsafePerformIO (lowPassFilterWrap fs))
    where lowPassFilterWrap :: [CFloat] -> IO CFloat
	  lowPassFilterWrap fs = do
	        mfs <- newArray fs
                fsP2 <- malloc
                r <- f_lowPassFilter mfs fsP2
                returnF <- peek fsP2
                return returnF

foreign import ccall "static fmr.h lowPassFilter"
  f_lowPassFilter :: Ptr (CFloat) -> Ptr (CFloat) -> IO (())

---------------------------
and the C function is defined as:
////////////////////////
void lowPassFilter(float *buff, float *sum)
{

// Work part
  for (i = 0; i < NUM_TAPS; i++)
  {
    printf("buff %d = %f \n", i, *(buff++));
    *sum += *(buff++) * coeff[i];
  }
}

It works well! Thank you so much!