[C2hs] c2hs-config

Manuel M T Chakravarty chak at cse.unsw.edu.au
Sun Aug 14 21:05:44 EDT 2005

Paolo Martini:
> There seem to be no c2hs-config in the source package, is the
> documentation[1] outdated, and it isn't needed anymore for some reason,
> or its missing have some other meaning?

c2hs-config is not needed anymore.  I thought, I removed all traces from
the documentation, but obviously I overlooked something.  Where did you
see it?  In the HTML documentation?  (Earlier version of c2hs produced
binding code that needed a separately installed library, but that's not
the case anymore.  Now the library code to include with the generate
program is produced in source form by "--copy-library".)

> Also, I can't find how to register the c2hs package into GHC, any clue?

That's done by Cabal; ie, in the root of c2hs source directory use

  ./Setup.hs register

You can get a list of all Cabal commands with

  ./Setup.hs --help

Manuel

PS: I will answer to your earlier email with some questions soon - just
    didn't find the time yet.