[C2hs] hierarchical modules

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worcester.oxford.ac.uk
Fri Jul 16 21:01:14 EDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-07-16 at 19:57, Duncan Coutts wrote:
> Does this seem ok? It makes me a bit nervous changing the lexical
> definition of an identifier (we really only want to change the module
> identifier definition, not all identifiers).

Ok, it does break things, for example this would get lexed as a single
identifier:

{#get GList.data#}

So either the lexer needs to be cleverer and lex module identifiers
differently from ordinary identifiers or the parser will need to
reconstruct the module identifier from a sequence of identifier and dot
tokens (preferably the former since the latter would be modulo
whitespace which is not strictly correct).

Duncan