[C2hs] swig

Amanda Clare afc@aber.ac.uk
Tue, 06 May 2003 12:19:53 +0100

Are there any future plans to go with the SWIG group
http://www.swig.org/ for interfacing with C code? They claim to support
Perl, Python, Tcl/Tk, Ruby, Guile, MzScheme, Java, OCAML, CHICKEN, and
C#, and as I've understood, you just run something like "swig -python"
on your header file to create everything you need to interface C to Python.

At the moment, I'd like to generate Haskell access to all the functions
and enums defined in the Oracle database C library libsqlora8
http://www.poitschke.de/libsqlora8/.
Something like SWIG sounds ideal for that. C2hs looks good. But somehow,
if I do it in c2hs I have to read and understand all about the ffi,
stable pointers and foreign pointers etc. Is the problem just too
complicated in Haskell to automate completely?

Amanda