[Haskell-beginners] Type inference or just ... a typo in a paper?

Michael Turner michael.eugene.turner at gmail.com
Tue May 18 08:24:37 UTC 2021

I've inherited some Haskell code, which you can find here:

http://web.cecs.pdx.edu/~mpj/pubs/aug.html

The text of the accompanying paper says, "we extend the Text class..."
-- but the identifier "Text" appears nowhere in the code. Is this just
an error in the paper, or is the Text class getting involved in some
indirect way, e.g. through String or perhaps because of the line
"instance Show Tree where . . ."?

Regards,
Michael Turner
Executive Director
Project Persephone
1-25-33 Takadanobaba
Shinjuku-ku Tokyo 169-0075
Mobile: +81 (90) 5203-8682
turner at projectpersephone.org

Understand - http://www.projectpersephone.org/
Join - http://www.facebook.com/groups/ProjectPersephone/
Donate - http://www.patreon.com/ProjectPersephone
Volunteer - https://github.com/ProjectPersephone

"Love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward
together in the same direction." -- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry