[Haskell-beginners] (Online) Utrecht Summer School on Advanced functional programming

Swierstra, W.S. (Wouter) W.S.Swierstra at uu.nl
Thu May 6 15:05:07 UTC 2021

            SUMMER SCHOOL ON ADVANCED FUNCTIONAL PROGRAMMING

                        Online -  05-9 July 2021

                         http://www.afp.school

# Call for Participation

## About

The Advanced Functional Programming summer school has been running for
more than ten years. We aim to educate aspiring Haskell programmers
beyond the basic material covered by many textbooks.

This year the course will be offered *online only*. A typical day will
consist a 2-3 hours of lectures, sandwiched between supervised lab
sessions. Lectures will be held in the (European) afternoon, but
recordings will be made available if attending live is problematic.

The lectures will cover several more advanced topics regarding
programming with types in Haskell, including topics such as:

   * monads and applicative functors;
   * lambda calculus;
   * generalized algebraic datatypes;
   * datatype generic programming
   * type families and type-level programming;

## Lecturers

Utrecht staff:
* Gabriele Keller
* Trevor McDonell
* Wouter Swierstra

## Prerequisites

We expect students to have a basic familiarity with Haskell
already. You should be able to write recursive functions over
algebraic data types, such as lists and trees. There is a great deal
of material readily available that covers this material. If you've
already started learning Haskell and are looking to take your
functional programming skills to the next level, this is the course
for you.

Soft registration deadline: 1 June, 2021
School: 05-09 July, 2021

## Costs

   50 euro - Registration fee

We ask ask participants to pay a small registration fee to cover some
of our organizational expenses. If this is problematic for you *for
whatever reason*, please let us know and we can waive your
registration fee.

## Further information

Further information, including instructions on how to register, is
available on our website:

   http://www.afp.school