[Haskell-beginners] Partial results with megaparsec

David McBride toad3k at gmail.com
Mon Jun 28 16:46:16 UTC 2021

Attoparsec was created specifically for streaming, thus its parsing
functions take into account that some portion of the pattern may yet to
have arrived and its combinators avoid taking input greedily
unintentionally.

It is not clear to me that megaparsec is capable of that. There is a
package attoparsec-parsec package, which reimplements parsec's combinators
in a way attoparsec can use, but I do not see a version of that for
megaparsec. You would have to write every megaparsec combinator into an
equivalent attoparsec to create such a package.