[Haskell-beginners] MaximumBy

Daniel van de Ghinste (Lord_Luvat) danielvandeghinste at gmail.com
Fri May 22 18:33:33 UTC 2020

Hi,

Maybe I’m on a different version, but I don’t see a function called maximumBy in my base Prelude. Can you give us a type signature for the function? If you’re not sure how to do that just type:
Prelude> :t maximumBy
In your ghci interpreter and it should return the type signature of whatever you have after ‘:t ‘ (this works for compound expressions too if you put them in brackets)

Perhaps maximumBy is what you’re meant to call your rewrite of the existing function I see called ‘maximum’ (seems to do the same thing). Let me know if thats the case and I can explain how it works.

Best regards,
Daniel van de Ghinste