[Haskell-beginners] Import errors from a very simple program

John Sturdy jcg.sturdy at gmail.com
Thu Sep 26 14:26:22 UTC 2019

On Thu, Sep 26, 2019 at 3:18 PM Daniel Trstenjak <daniel.trstenjak at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi John,
>
> 'ghc' won't automatically use the packages you've installed with 'cabal
> install',
> but you've to add them to the 'ghc' call.

Thanks, that'll be the key to what's going on.  I had assumed that
installed packages would be automatically available for "import", as they
are in Python.  (The program I'm writing has the same functionality as a
Python program I had written earlier, which probably biased me to thinking
that way.)

__John