[Haskell-beginners] Why many .tix files are generated in Haskell Program Coverage

F L spiridempt at gmail.com
Tue Dec 10 14:00:39 UTC 2019

I am using Haskell Program Coverage (HPC) to collect coverage information
for Pandoc (https://github.com/jgm/pandoc). However, after adding the -fhpc
option to GHC and running the program, two .tix files are generated. One is
test-pandoc.tix in the main directory and the other is pandoc.tix under the
"test" directory (test/pandoc.tix). These two files have different contents
and I just cannot see the meaning of them from their names. Moreover, I
tried to execute "hpc show xxx.tix" for them and test/pandoc.tix gives
"hpc: hash in tix file for module Main does not match hash in
./.hpc/Main.mix".

So, I wonder the specific generation rules of HPC tix files (possibly
including the number and location) and how I can get the correct coverage
information.

Thanks very much!