[Haskell-beginners] EasyPlot on Windows

Theodore Lief Gannon tanuki at gmail.com
Thu May 10 21:17:45 UTC 2018

My first hunch was that, since the program ends right after plotting, it
cleans up the plot window and exits. But trying it on an X11 system, I got
a persistent window despite the program exiting. That may be a difference
between Unix and Windows child process handling; I don't have a Windows
machine handy right now to test, but you could try this:

main = do
  plot Windows $ Data2D [Title "Demo Title"] [] tData
  _ <- getLine
  return ()

If that doesn't fix it, my only guess is there's either a difference
between the Unix and Windows versions of gnuplot, or a bug in easyplot's
Windows handling.