[Haskell-beginners] Haskell for Imperative Programmers

Theodore Lief Gannon tanuki at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 12:19:41 UTC 2018

An intuition that really clicked for me is that in Haskell IO code, as in
all Haskell code, you are describing a pristine and perfectly inert data
structure. It happens to *represent* a set of imperative instructions that
the totally impure runtime environment can execute, but that's not your
problem!