[Haskell-beginners] MonadThrow, MonadReader and shake

PICCA Frederic-Emmanuel frederic-emmanuel.picca at synchrotron-soleil.fr
Thu Dec 13 10:56:17 UTC 2018

Hello

>     - Make `Action` an instance of `MonadThrow`

If I read the documentationof Action, I have this.
So you are right Action has no Instance for MonadThrow.

BUT it seems that there is a LiftIO available.
Do you think that it can be usefull or must I create a dedicated instance of Action

https://hackage.haskell.org/package/shake-0.17.3/docs/Development-Shake.html#t:Action

>     - Let the throw happen outside that `do` block

I can not move this out of the o`block because I need a computation done in the block.
Maybe there is a way but I do not know how...

Cheers

Frederic