[Haskell-beginners] Hutton 2nd ed, ex 7.6

Theodore Lief Gannon tanuki at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 22:23:11 UTC 2018

I'm not familiar with Hutton, and I agree that unless one of the book's
exercises was "read the Prelude docs" it shouldn't be expecting you to use
functions it hasn't introduced. In all fairness, though, both null and
const have in-line expansions that you probably could have come up with. In
fact, you DID come up with null, just in the wrong context: specialized to
lists, it's (==[]). And you can write (const False) as a lambda: (\_ ->
False)