[Haskell-beginners] EitherT

mike h mike_k_houghton at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Apr 12 10:25:57 UTC 2018

Hi,
I’m trying to write EitherT from first principles and I’m stuck at the first hurdle - Functor.  I’m looking for a hint rather than a complete answer :)

This is what I have

newtype EitherT m a b = EitherT {runEitherT :: m (Either a b)}
instance Monad m => Functor (EitherT m a) where
    ---- fmap :: (a -> b) -> f a -> f b
    fmap f m = EitherT $ do
        mv <- runEitherT m
        case mv of