[Haskell-beginners] ListT + Writer

Baa aquagnu at gmail.com
Fri May 26 08:49:43 UTC 2017

David,

On https://hackage.haskell.org/package/transformers-0.5.4.0/docs/Control-Monad-Trans-List.html
is written that

  "Deprecated: This transformer is invalid on most monads".

Also I found this: https://wiki.haskell.org/ListT_done_right.
But no such warning in the "mtl" package, and I don't know is it done
rightly in the "mtl" package...

David, what does mean "space leak" here:

  "Use this foldl library when you want to compute multiple folds over a
  collection in one pass over the data without space leaks"
  --http://hackage.haskell.org/package/foldl
?

As I understand no real space leak when we are talking about Haskell
code, only not optimal usage of memory (for example, thunks number
grows up drastically)?

Guys, it's so good that there are people like you who have enough time
and desire to support us - Haskell beginners.

В Thu, 25 May 2017 15:10:10 -0400