[Haskell-beginners] Parallel processing...

mike h mike_k_houghton at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Mar 27 11:04:08 UTC 2017

Hi,
I have a list of lists - a grid [[ ]]  of complex numbers and I map a function over each number in the grid. Each computation on a value at (r, c) is independent of any and all other calculations. This strikes me as being something that can be done in parallel by  creating , say 4 quadrants and mapping over each and combining when done, or doing each row in parallel etc. etc.

So I'm really just asking for advice or pointers on the Haskell libraries etc that I should start with but I'm not really looking to import an  uber-package that will do most of it for me. I want to learn a little  more Haskell by working from a few concurrency primitives.

Thanks
Mike