[Haskell-beginners] where do non-beginners haskellers go to expose code to the community?

Francesco Ariis fa-ml at ariis.it
Thu Jun 29 10:54:06 UTC 2017

On Thu, Jun 29, 2017 at 12:12:07PM +0200, Silent Leaf wrote:
> hi,
>
> let's say i'm a real-deal but typically open-source/not-employed haskeller,
> i have a really well-done library/program. i want to publish it so it's
> available, but i also want to just broadcast to at least a part of the
> haskell community basically saying "hiya, made that cool code, go check it
> out". both to get returns and ideas, but not so much for code-review, since
> it's about reviewing a finished product, or at least an alpha/beta version.
> where would i go to do that? (again, it's hypothetical, i'm not real-deal
> yet)

Hello Silent Leaf,
    usually I keep up with the Haskellers in 3 ways:

    1. by checking the `Haskell Communities and Activities Report` [1]
    2. by being subscribed to Haskell announce [2]
    3. by subscribing to the "uploaded recently" RSS feed [3]

If I want to broadcast a release and get feedback, writing to
haskell-announce and haskell-cafe is the way to go.

[1] https://wiki.haskell.org/Haskell_Communities_and_Activities_Report