[Haskell-beginners] Feedback needed - CLI app + guide

Carlo Matteo Scalzo cmscalzo at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 18:00:23 UTC 2017

Hi Magnus,

thank you very much for your feedback!

I'm trying to keep things simple for now, but I'll think about your
suggestions (and thank you for pointing those out).

Did you have the chance to look at guide? I'd love to get your feedback on
the content, if you have time.

Thanks again!

Carlo

On 16 Jan 2017 06:32, "Magnus Therning" <magnus at therning.org> wrote:

Carlo Matteo Scalzo <cmscalzo at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm new to the community here, so please do let me know if I'm doing
> something wrong :-)
>
> I've been learning Haskell over the last year or so, reading books etc.,
> but I couldn't find a simple, real world example, so I decided to to write
> a simple command-line application in Haskell.
>
> The application and the code are free, and I've also written a short guide
> that uses the application as a use case to talk about Haskell and its
> features.
>
> Can you guys please download the guide (for free, of course) , and let me
> know if you found it useful?
>
> You can find it here:
>
> https://fifohaskell.com
>
> Please let me have your feedback (my personal email is on the website, if
> you don't want to reply here) - and thank you very much for your help!

Just had a quick look and things that I notice are:

1. Keep your source in a VCS like gitlab/github/etc?
2. It would be nice of you to put a copyright notice in the source so
users know what they may do with the source.
3. Please do create a proper package for it so you can publish it to
Hackage.

/M

--
Magnus Therning              OpenPGP: 0x927912051716CE39
email: magnus at therning.org   jabber: magnus at therning.org

As someone who's worked at multiple proprietary software companies,
having a roadmap doesn't magically make code happen.
    — Josh Berkus (found in LWN 2016-04-16)