[Haskell-beginners] Why exception is not catching?!

Chris Sasarak csasarak at mailbox.org
Fri Dec 15 03:35:19 UTC 2017

I think that this might be related to where it says in the documentation that 'catch' must be called from inside the IO monad: http://hackage.haskell.org/package/base-4.10.1.0/docs/Control-Exception-Base.html#v:catch. That doc also points to the evaluate function for details on catching exceptions in pure code.

I'd like for someone else to chime in though, at the least maybe look into using evaluate.

-Chris