[Haskell-beginners] Fwd: Path {Abs|Rel} {Dir|File} type question

Yitzchak Gale gale at sefer.org
Wed Aug 30 15:48:03 UTC 2017

You wrote:
>>> [In the path library] the `Path` has different representation
>>> on Windows and POSIX which seems that no way
>>> to use both on the same platform

> IMHO it will be good to have like in Python: all kind of paths (NT,
> POSIX, etc) available as well as local path (local platform
> dependent)...

Why like in Python? You mean like in Haskell.
The standard and popular "filepath" library in
Haskell does all that very nicely.

The "path" library you are looking at is a newer library
that wraps "filepath" and provides more type safety.
It looks very nice. I hope the issue with multiplatform
paths will soon be fixed, and then perhaps the path
library will become more widely used. In the meantime,
I suggest you use the "filepath" library.

Regards,
Yitz