[Haskell-beginners] Installing Idris for Linux Dummies: "The following packages are likely to be broken..."

David McBride toad3k at gmail.com
Tue Aug 29 13:08:35 UTC 2017

The problem most users face with using straight up cabal is that often
the needs of one package conflict with the needs of some of the others
you've installed.  I highly recommend you use stack to install idris.
The process should look something like this:

download stack, install it. (directions here:
https://docs.haskellstack.org/en/stable/README/)
git clone https://github.com/idris-lang/Idris-dev.git
cd idris-dev
stack install

And then either run ~/.local/bin/idris or make sure .local/bin is in
your PATH so that you can run idris on the command line.