[Haskell-beginners] How to "cabal install" on current Arch/Manjaro ?

lists0 at freea2a.de lists0 at freea2a.de
Fri Aug 11 20:11:54 UTC 2017

Helle dear readers,

at the moment I'm not able to compile the most things with cabal/ghc.

For example:
cabal install cpphs

gives

Linking dist/build/cpphs/cpphs ...
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lHStext-1.2.2.2-3ENqlljngKa6xj1Go2fVWq

I have read that Arch linux has changed haskell to use dynamic linking,
and I have installed the new packet "ghc-static" with static libraries.

How can I switch between static and dynamic linking in cabal and what
are the preconditions?
Where can I give the directories for searching for haskell-libraries?

Thank you in advance for help.

Jürgen