[Haskell-beginners] Grappling with State Monad get

Theodore Lief Gannon tanuki at gmail.com
Tue Aug 1 23:35:14 UTC 2017

's' here is not a type variable, it's an actual variable. \s -> (s, s)
defines a lambda function which takes any value, and returns a tuple with
that value in both positions.

So yes, get is point-free, but the missing argument is right there in-line.
And yes, its type is simply implied from context.