[Haskell-beginners] Foldable for (,)

David Thomas davidleothomas at gmail.com
Mon Apr 24 08:20:10 UTC 2017

One thing that's been missed in this discussion is that constraints
can propagate.

Of course no one is wanting to pass something they know is a tuple
into a function they know is length.  But a function that expects
something Foldable might want to know length or sum, and it might be
reasonable to call that function on a tuple.