[Haskell-beginners] Howto reverse a Data.Array

Timothy Washington twashing at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 07:58:24 UTC 2016

I'm still trying to get an intuitive understanding of Haskell's Data.Array
<http://hackage.haskell.org/package/array-0.5.1.1/docs/Data-Array.html#g:5>,
in contrast to Data.List or Data.Vector.

I very much want a nested array (a matrix), where the parent list (or rows)
are reversed. But neither *A.array* nor *A.istArray* allow indicies to be
reversed in their constructors, nor the list comprehensions that generate
the elements

The only reason I'm using an array, is for the *A.//* function (operating
on a matrix). Otherwise, I'd use Data.Vector
<https://hackage.haskell.org/package/vector-0.11.0.0/candidate/docs/Data-Vector.html>
which does have a reverse function, but a less powerful *V.//* , that
doesn't accept coordinates in a matrix.

Can I reverse a Data.Array? If not, then why.

Thanks
Tim