[Haskell-beginners] reading lines with history from bash terminal in OS X

Dennis Raddle dennis.raddle at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 22:09:54 UTC 2016

I wrote a program first in Windows, where it works as expected, and now I'm
using it in OS X and getting undesired behavior.

It reads lines from the terminal using the getLine function. In Windows
(DOS, actually) the up and down arrows can be used to choose previously
entered lines. However, this does not work in bash in OS X.

What do I need to get the history available via the arrow keys?