[Haskell-beginners] What's an idiomatic Haskell solution to solve the "Maximum Subarray Problem"?

Theodore Lief Gannon tanuki at gmail.com
Sun Jul 17 05:14:23 UTC 2016

-- Not beautifully idiomatic, but not too bad, and O(n):

data SolutionState = SSInitial | SS Int Int Int

solve :: [Int] -> SolutionState
solve = foldr go SSInitial where
  go x (SS dense best sparse) =
    let dense'  = max x (dense + x)
        best'   = max best dense'
        sparse' = max (sparse + x) (max sparse x)
    in  SS dense' best' sparse'
  go x SSInitial = SS x x x

On Sat, Jul 16, 2016 at 3:40 PM, Dominik Bollmann <dominikbollmann at gmail.com